Welcome to our website!
Originally established as Renaker Mortuary in 1890, Douglass & Zook Chapel of Remembrance Funeral Home is documented as being Monrovia's second oldest business still in existence.
In 1952, with the moral, physical and financial support of his parents, Robert and Elsie Zook became the owners and were joined later that year by Phillip F. Douglass to form the partnership of Douglass & Zook.
In 1954, they moved the mortuary from its original location at the corner of Lime & Myrtle Avenues when they undertook the construction of our present beautiful building located at 600 E. Foothill Blvd.
Phil Douglass retired in 1961, but with the Zook family's involvement and their dedication to the families which they served, the business has steadily grown. In 2007, the firm was purchased by Caring Funeral Service, which is owned by Jim Larkin. Larkin also owned Chapel of Remembrance Funeral Home in Arcadia and the two firms were merged into the Monrovia location in July of 2009, and operates today as Douglass & Zook Chapel of Remembrance Funeral Home.
The Zook family continues to be involved with Rick Zook and Matt Zook along with the entire staff continuously and wholeheartedly supporting the community affairs. These include Kiwanis Club, Elks Lodge, PEO Chapter BI, Monrovia Chapter of the Children's Hospital Guild, The Quota Club and the YMCA and all the local churches.